State of the Art Conference: Inclusive Higher Education: Disability, Equity, and Social Justice (Virtual)
This popular conference of 300+ participants provides opportunities for colleges of all sizes, universities, researchers, program staff, parents and self-advocates to learn about the current state of research and practice in the field, and to network with each other. Panels that include faculty and staff from postsecondary education initiatives, parents, self-advocates, and other experts, share effective practices during break-out sessions with opportunities for group discussion. The Student Leadership Conference is a new, parallel conference which brings more high school and college students into the conversation.
Think College will be presenting several sessions at this year's State of the Art Conference, including three plenary sessions:
- Policy on the State and Federal Levels, presented by Denise Rozell and Stephanie Smith Lee
- Pathway to Accreditation, presented by Debra Hart, Martha Mock, and Stephanie Smith Lee
- Recent National Data on Inclusive Higher Education for Students with ID, presented by Clare Papay and Meg Grigal
- Supporting Faculty Through Planning and Communication Strategies for Success, presented by Clare Papay and Meg Grigal
- Research-Based Predictors of Post-School Success Evident in College-Based Transition Programs, presented by Clare Papay and Meg Grigal