TransCen: Customized Employment 101 Webinar Series | Part 1: Discovery and Assessment
Part 1: Discovery and Assessment
Customized Employment (CE) became a part of federal law with the passage of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in 2014 and the discovery process is the foundation of CE. The discovery process is a person-centered approach to learning about a job seeker’s passions, likes, dislikes, skills, ideal work environment, and support needs, to identify job and career possibilities. The discovery process is a strengths-based alternative to traditional assessment allowing them to find a job that is a good fit with an employer who values and needs the unique skills and contributions the job seeker has to offer a potential employer. There is a $45 fee for this webinar.
Participants will learn:
- How discovery is different than typical assessment processes
- Purpose and benefits of using a discovery process
- How to conduct a discovery process in an efficient and effective way
- How to develop and use the Positive Personal Profile to target employment options
Continuing Education Recognition:
- Applications have been approved for Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
- The series subject matter aligns with the Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) Content Outline.
- Certificates of completion are available for all sessions.
- TransCen provides captioning for all our webinars.
- All webinars are recorded and available for later listening.
- Special pricing is available for groups of 10 or more. Contact email@example.com for more information or to register your group.
- Registrants outside the United States, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This session will be broadcasted via the GoToWebinar platform. A telephone option for audio is also available.