Think College Webinar: Who Does What? Optimizing Employment Services and Supports through Individual Planning for College Students with Intellectual Disability
This webinar ended. Click here for a recording and resources.
Having the right team in place to support college students with ID to access and succeed in employment is critical—and complicated. Students may be eligible for employment services from various state and federal entities (e.g., ED, DD, VR, HCBS waiver) and coordinating these with existing program services is critical. So where do you start when trying to optimize the resources available and support the best outcomes?
Our presenters will tackle this topic, highlighting the need for individualized planning of employment services and supports for college students with ID. We will share an overview of the potential partners, how they relate to each other, and the questions program staff need to ask to ensure planning for employment services and outcomes is effective. This is the first of a collaborative webinar series from the Think College NCC and NTACT:C.
This webinar will offer participants
- An overview of potential state and national agencies and organizations for employment services
- Suggested team members for planning employment services
- A list of questions to support individualized planning
- A case study illustrating how this approach worked with one college student
- Tools for practitioners to put this into action