Tips from Faculty: Engaging Students with Intellectual Disability Enrolled in College Courses
This webinar will focus on how faculty support students with intellectual disability enrolled in their college courses. Two professors share their experiences in supporting students with intellectual disability enrolled in college success and leadership classes and the importance of having a support system in place to aid our students inside and outside the classroom. Adjusted assignments and assessments will be discussed that support students’ development. Join us to explore the challenges and rewards involved in engaging students with intellectual disability enrolled in college courses. Participants will brainstorm how they might incorporate similar mechanisms to support students with similar needs.
Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the need to facilitate student engagement in determining their course expectations (Academic Agreement)
- Provide examples of assignment modifications to meet student learning outcomes
- Provide examples of assessment modifications to meet student learning outcomes
- Explain adjusted grading to reflect students’ achievement level of their chosen learning outcomes
- Identify methods to support and engage students with ID in their college courses
Resources for this webinar can be found here.