What is this study about?
The goal of this study is to determine the effectiveness of an online personalized learning curriculum in 3rd-5th grade students. The curriculum uses gaming strategies to motivate and support improved self-concept, social and emotional competence, and early college and career awareness for upper elementary students with and without disability. Download a flyer with study information here.
Who can participate?
The curriculum will be implemented by 3-5 grade teachers in public, private, and charter schools and by instructors in after school programs.
What is involved?
• Teachers will implement the online curriculum over a 6-8 week period.
• Students will participate in short surveys before and after completing the curriculum.
• Teachers will share feedback on digital resources and activities.
• All activities will occur remotely.
When is this study?
We are currently looking for teachers and classrooms to implement the curriculum in the Summer & Fall of 2022 and Spring of 2023.
Who is conducting the study?
This study is funded by the US Department of Education. The project is being implemented by the staff from Think College at the Institute for Community Inclusion at University of Massachusetts Boston and EDC.
Is there an incentive for participating?
Each teacher participant will receive:
• Training on the curriculum
• PDPs for training participation
• A $50 Amazon gift card
Where can I learn more about the study?
Please visit www.fqie.net to learn more and sign up!
How do I sign up?
Please complete this short form.