Early Career Researchers Affinity Group
AFFINITY GROUP CO-FACILITATORS
Christina M. Gushanas, Ph.D
Assistant Professor of Special Education, Sam Houston State University
Belkis Choiseul-Praslin, Ph.D
Research Associate II, Think College
Stay Informed by Email
Sign up to receive email updates for one or more Affinity Groups.
The Think College Early Career Researchers Affinity Group is for new professionals working towards a career in academia and/or research. Specifically, this group is intended for those who have completed their graduate studies within the last five years, hold an academic position, and are interested in research related to inclusive higher education for students with intellectual disability.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Discuss research that group members are conducting in the field of inclusive higher education,
- Discuss grants and other funding opportunities related to research in the field of inclusive higher education,
- Connect with other early career researchers and explore possible collaborations, and
- Share tools and resources.
Members of the Early Career Researchers Affinity Group are also invited to join the Research Affinity Group – a group for anyone interested in research.
May 18, 2023, 1-2pm ET
- Topic: Turning collaborative research ideas into actual work products
September 28, 2023, 1-2pm ET
Date: February 23, 2023
Summary: Group members discussed their current interests and research works related to inclusive postsecondary education, as well as ways to contribute to each other's works.
Date: October 27, 2022
Summary: This was the group's first meeting. Attendees talked about the group purpose and hopes for the future meetings. There's an interest in collaborative publications and research, as well as sharing resources and offering support to one another.