Think College Affinity Groups
Affinity Group: A group of people who come together based on areas of common interest and need.
The Think College National Coordinating Center hosts Affinity Groups on topics related to higher education for students with intellectual disability. Meetings are primarily online, and new members are always welcome! Affinity groups offer the opportunity for in-depth focus on a single topic in collaboration with others. Each group gives members a forum for exchanging knowledge, and for problem-solving based on people's real experiences. These groups can break down networking, communication, and organizational barriers, and extend each member’s range of contacts and knowledge.
Current Affinity Group Pages
Group pages have a calendar, meeting connection information, a rolling agenda link, and past meeting notes.
- College-based Transition Services Affinity Group
- Emerging Advocates Group
- Employment Supports Affinity Group
- Inclusive Campus Life Affinity Group
- Research on Higher Education for Students with Intellectual Disability
- Statewide Alliances Affinity Group
- Student Credentials Affinity Group
- Technology & UDL Affinity Group
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Higher Education for Students with Intellectual Disability
Past Affinity Groups
- Public Policy and Higher Education for Students with Intellectual Disability (Instead of a stand alone group, policy is now addressed within the context of the other groups as it comes up.)
Sign up for a Group (or 2!)
We now have a form to sign up for one or more Groups. After signing up, you will receive an email from the Group lead with more information. You can expect email updates to include meeting dates, links to an agenda, meeting room link, and related resources.
Have an idea for an affinity group? Email us.