Vocational Rehabilitation Affinity Group
AFFINITY GROUP FACILITATOR
Russell Thelin, MS, LVRC CRC
Senior Policy Fellow
How to join
Interested in joining the Affinity Group on Vocational Rehabilitation?
Welcome to the Think College Affinity Group on Vocational Rehabilitation and Inclusive Higher Education. The purpose of the Affinity Group is to:
- Create an online community for review and discussion of issues, strategies and results related to the partnership between VR agencies and IHE's
- Share promising practices and consider new ideas for programs,
- Exchange tips, develop intra-/inter-state partnerships, and
- Form support connections
This Affinity Group is designed for people associated with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), Inclusive Higher Education (IHE), & allied organizations that would like to become more involved. The activities of the group will be relevant for those working directly to building or enhancing the partnership between VR and IHE. A particular focus will be on considering current promising practices and identifying methods of innovation/expansion in the partnerships that advance the results for mutual clients/students of these programs.
Notes from most recent meeting
At the last VR Affinity Group meeting on February 7, we had a rich discussion about numerous topics including what makes a strong partnership between local VR and institutes of higher education and strategies to make that happen, Pre-ETS, other models for cooperation between VR and other community partners, and more.
You can view the agenda from the meeting here and access the audio recording here:
The first meeting of the Vocational Rehabilitation Affinity Group was held on November 1st, 2017. The agenda and recording of the meeting can be found here.
At the meeting, we:
- Introduced ourselves and reviewed the purpose & goals of the group
- Reviewed the new Affinity Group webpage
- Talked about emerging issues, existing problems, and potential solutions
- Discussed next steps and upcoming conference presentations
We plan to hold meetings quarterly and have a short presentation with informal sharing at each meeting. You can find more details by opening the agenda or watching the recording.
Have other ideas for the Affinity Group on Vocational Rehabilitation?
Send an email to thinkcollegeTA@gmail.com